Activist Post: Endgame Legislation: Lame Duck Session Ushers in Tyranny
The Food Safety Modernization Act has the backing of establishment liberals who think more big government regulation will protect us from food-borne diseases derived from factory farming. Their heart seems to be in the right place, but placing trust in this horribly corrupt government to “protect” us makes them utterly gullible. The vote of 74-25 in the Senate proves the bill was more broadly supported than just with progressives, indicating strong corporate support from the Big-Agri lobby that wrote the bill. According to Darrell Castle of the Constitution Party, the bill purports to:
- Preclude the public’s right to grow, own, trade, transport, share, feed and eat each and every food that nature makes.
- It will more than likely make Michael Taylor (former Monsanto executive) the Food Czar.
- End U.S. sovereignty over its own food supply by forcing compliance with WTO guidelines.
- Even direct sales of food between individuals could be defined as smuggling under the language of the bill.
- Codex Alimentarius, a global system of control over food and food supplements, would control all U.S. food and supplements. Access to natural food supplements would be removed under Codex rules.
- Control of all seeds would transfer to Monsanto and other global multinationals.
- The National Animal Identification System ( NAIS ) would be enacted, forcing bio-chipping and other identification and tracking methods for all animals, whether food or pets.
- What is left of the American food system would be transferred into total control of Multinational Corporations under the guise of global governance.